> Is anyone else in a similar situation? What did you do / are you doing?

I took one straight from v11 to v15 (on installation was Windows, one was Mac).
Same reason as you - had to get to El Capitan comfort zone.

It wasn’t a big multinational but it was a complex database dealing with money
and running about 12 business in total. It has triggers all over the place, 4D
Write, usual mix of UI forms including widgets, lots of reports, PDF printing
and and included areas etc. It’s more stable now than it was in v11.

Plugins are AealistPro and 4D Write.

I’d say you’ll have more problems staggering your upgrade than going straight
to v15. I know what you mean about “transiting through the intermediates” and I
used to think that too but now I’d say go direct to a “safe zone” without
transiting through the “danger zone”.

Just my 2 pence, of course. All structures are different and take all advice
that comes !

Best Regards

Peter