Hi Kirk,

You can scale the image used in a 3-D Button by using a Variable and Transform
Picture.  This works well and works for Retina.

We used Picture Buttons previously and also with a Variable in order to support
background, mask, and multi-state.

3-D Buttons handle these automatically and with OS-specific flare.  Here's a
same buttons with different icons and different Set Format "Styles" have
different background, highlight, bevel, offset...automatically.