I thought about this as a feature request, but I have not officially posted it
yet. It would be really useful if 4D could call a method of your choosing when
an object goes out of scope (no more references to it). Lots of other languages
have something like this which allows you to ensure that resources are freed
when an object is no longer needed. Then you could attach sets, named
selections, and other types of resources to the object and clean them up when
the object is no longer referenced.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.