On Apr 4, 2017, at 11:02 AM,Keisuke Miyako wrote:

> I think it is important to investigate whether the instability is specific to
> application code or not.
>
> for instance, it is possible to create a bare bone copy of you database with
> the export structure command. you can then open a copy of your production
> data with that structure file.
>
> if you have no issues using the database in user mode over the same network,
> then perhaps some methods are choking the network in a way that does not
> happen over the legacy layer.

So is this a new feature of v16 and the new network layer? Are you saying that
is is OK and acceptable for 4D v16 — using the new network layer — to drop a
client connection simply because a method is running and choking the network? A
developer can write some code that will kill the network connection?

Or are you saying that this is really an indication of a bug in v16 and the new
network layer. That 4D should never disconnect 4D Client due to code running
that “chokes” the network.

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions