I'm fairly new to components also, and what you describe below is pretty much
how I'm doing it. Anything reusable goes in one component library. But I want
to use different subsets of this for different projects. I have "build methods"
which specify which methods (modules) should be shared for the compiled
component. So this allows different compiled components to be created with
different sets of features from the same source structure. I have a parser
almost done. I will eventually remove all unused code from the component before
compilation rather than just hiding methods by making them unshared.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.