Hmmm. I am using 16.1 and Sierra 10.12.4, but option dragging moves the
selected text. The cursor does not change to a plus symbol either.

A long time ago I had this same problem in 4D when I had Quicken set to
automatically download from my bank. Turned the Quicken auto download off and
4D option drag worked as advertissed.

Quicken is not on this machine, so not sure what is going on. Just tried it 64
bit and see the same problem.

John