Iā€™d second that. I just tried it in the command line on a folder with 5,144
(nested) files and with almost 1,400 results the response was near instant.

So, I tried this in 15.4 and Mac 10.12.5.

Basically stripping the convert path stuff because I was passing in the full
path and those commands messed it up.  Also, unquoted the file name.

But then point is, it was instant.

  //Method: SysDoc_Find
C_TEXT($searchFor;$1;$searchIn;$2;$pathFound;$0)
$searchFor:=$1
$searchIn:=$2

  //$searchIn:=Convert path system to POSIX($searchIn)
$_txt_OSASCRIPT:="mdfind -onlyin "+$searchIn+" -name "+$searchFor
$_t_InputStream:=""
$_t_OutputStream:=""
LAUNCH EXTERNAL PROCESS($_txt_OSASCRIPT;$_t_InputStream;$pathFound)

  //If ($pathFound#"")
  //$pathFound:=Replace string(Convert path POSIX to system($pathFound);"\n";ā€ā€)

  //  //Note: This is the code I ran for my tests. It is not complete as LEP is
actually returning a list of paths to all the documents found with the same
name.
  //  //For my test I knew that there would only be one path found so I
eliminated anything unnecessary
  //  //My SysDoc_Find method actually converts pathFound to a process array,
and returns the first element in the array. The caller can then either use the
returned path or the array.
  //  //Also, be aware that $pathFound ends with a \n. So the last element of
the array may need to be deleted. My text to array method returns an empty last
element.

  //End if
$0:=$pathFound