Hi Ben,

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Ben Kershaw via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> When a method with this property checked is executed, it runs in the
> context of the servers “twin” process (which isn’t really a twin, since it
> doesn’t really share anything with the client process). If you want your
> OEC method called for an error in that method, you have to set that in the
> server processes context.
>
> Do you have some sort of generic “init process” method that you call
> whenever you start a new process? If so, create a new method with the
> “Execute on Server” attribute checked, and then call THAT method from your
> “init process” method; this will initialize the server processes context.

​Well I do now...
​

> I have a method called “InitServerProcess_sv” with the EoS property
> checked, and I call it from my InitProcess method. It sets up the OEC
> method and does a few other things. Has worked like a charm for years.

​That is a great idea. I just recently wrote a method to run like that when
I start processes to capture the process startup data Joaquin clued me into
last week. That is a good place to put such a call.

--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*