Hi Pat,

> I can work around it by downloading with a temporary (short) name and then
> renaming it, but why? Are filenames referenced in FTP_Receive limited to 32
> characters?

I thought the limit was 63 characters on Mac 32 bit up until and including
v16.x:
http://livedoc.4d.com/4D-Internet-Commandsv16/help/Title/en/page397.html
{
The FTP commands of 4D Internet Commands work with files whose names have a
limited length. The following table provides the maximum number of characters
based on the OS:
WindowsOS X
32 bits25563
64 bits2551024
}

However, starting with v16R2 this has been increased to 1024 on both platforms:
http://livedoc.4d.com/4D-Internet-Commandsv16-R2/help/Title/en/page397.html
{
The FTP commands of 4D Internet Commands work with files whose names have a
limited length. In 4D Internet Commands v16 R2 and higher, the maximum number
of characters is 1024 whatever the OS.
}

Maybe the limit includes the path and not just the filename?

This is 85 chars: Macintosh
HD:Users:patbensky:Desktop:53ee6f6f-3c81-41ae-b001-a5a000baebbc_350x271.jpg
This is 54 chars: Macintosh HD:Users:patbensky:Desktop:3cac519f-0bff.jpg
This is 48 chars: 53ee6f6f-3c81-41ae-b001-a5a000baebbc_350x271.jpg
This is 17 chars: 3cac519f-0bff.jpg

Can you try v16R2 to see if the increased limit of 1024 helps?

-Tim