Hi Tim,
I did a test using v16r4 beta and it worked OK with the long filename. So
that's good :)
I did notice however that although I passed the 1 parameter in FTP_Receive

fr_err:=*FTP_Receive* (vFTP_ID;fr_tImageToGet;fr_tImageSavePath;1)

... it did NOT display a progress message, even when I used a bogus
filename to make it wait 30 seconds before timing out. Bug?

Pat

On 28 July 2017 at 17:21, Timothy Penner via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
> > I can work around it by downloading with a temporary (short) name and
> then renaming it, but why? Are filenames referenced in FTP_Receive limited
> to 32 characters?
>
> I thought the limit was 63 characters on Mac 32 bit up until and including
> v16.x:
> http://livedoc.4d.com/4D-Internet-Commandsv16/help/Title/en/page397.html
> {
> The FTP commands of 4D Internet Commands work with files whose names have
> a limited length. The following table provides the maximum number of
> characters based on the OS:
> WindowsOS X
> 32 bits25563
> 64 bits2551024
> }
>
> However, starting with v16R2 this has been increased to 1024 on both
> platforms:
> http://livedoc.4d.com/4D-Internet-Commandsv16-R2/help/
> Title/en/page397.html
> {
> The FTP commands of 4D Internet Commands work with files whose names have
> a limited length. In 4D Internet Commands v16 R2 and higher, the maximum
> number of characters is 1024 whatever the OS.
> }
>
> Maybe the limit includes the path and not just the filename?
>
> This is 85 chars: Macintosh HD:Users:patbensky:Desktop:
> 53ee6f6f-3c81-41ae-b001-a5a000baebbc_350x271.jpg
> This is 54 chars: Macintosh HD:Users:patbensky:Desktop:3cac519f-0bff.jpg
> This is 48 chars: 53ee6f6f-3c81-41ae-b001-a5a000baebbc_350x271.jpg
> This is 17 chars: 3cac519f-0bff.jpg
>
> Can you try v16R2 to see if the increased limit of 1024 helps?
>
> -Tim

> FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html

CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889