Hey David,

Ref: "I'm sceptical that slides are worth much without a presentation but,
well, here you go! “

True except for some of the slides were used in your presentation and they
layout on clear diagram form some of thew points you made. Especially the one
where you renamed the command to make it clear how they were really functioning!

So some of them will be quite useful for building our mental frameworks of
understanding.

So thank you again!

Ref: "Oh, and the most important point about Publish/Subscribe can't be said
too often:    The think knows about itself.”

Yes!!! I built StructurePulse with that concept in mind and a Publish/Subscribe
technique. It was written using objectTools. IN fact everything was an object
and I only used the database for persistence.

I just started reviewing my code (although in 4D 2004) and saw your
presentation. So I will start with this polished approach and if I need to
change pr extend I will do so. I recall that my original one had the objects
subscribe to specific services and then the routing object would only send
messages to objects looking for them.

But inn this caae it sends the message to any object that subscribes and if the
object is interested it dos whatever it needs to do. If not it ignores it. So I
think I’ll start with your approach this time and see how that works first. I
think it will be more than enough.

Anyway, thank you again David!

Much Appreciated,
John…