In order to use dot notation a c_object must have been initialized. So when
passing a c_object as a parameter to a method you cannot use dot notation on
the object as you might normally do with any other kind of parameter. This will
not work...

        C_Object($myCoolObject;$1)
        $myCoolObject:=$1
        If($myCoolObject.action=“Startup”)  // this will generate a syntax
error.
        End If

So we have several options…
        C_Object($1)
        If($1=“Startup”)
        End If
Or
        c_Object($myCoolObject;$1)
        New object(myCoolObject)
        $myCoolObject:=$1
        If($myCoolObject.action=“Startup”)
        End If
Or
        C_Object($myCoolObject;$1)
        $myCoolObject:=OB Copy($1)
        If($myCoolObject.action=“Startup”)
        End If

Is any one of these options better than the other? I am guessing not. Since I
like to always have readable vars, $1 means nothing, I have opted to use OB
Copy as it is the simplest form and closest to myCoolObject:=$1.

Any other way to do this?

John

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii