From: 4D_Tech [mailto:4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com] On Behalf Of Tim Nevels via
4D_Tech
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:22 PM
To: 4d_tech@lists.4d.com
Cc: Tim Nevels <timnev...@mac.com>
Subject: Re: 4D v16.2 false record locks

This is a great point. I wonder if any of the users reporting this problem have
triggers that are doing some “fancy stuff” that could be causing this.

But even in this situation, I think 4D should try to deal with this. Maybe they
could add some code to 4D Server that runs periodically like a “Janitor”
routine that checks the list of locked record — I’m sure 4D Server keeps a list
of this somewhere internally — and if it finds a locked record that is not
linked to a currently connected user, it unlocks it. That would fix this issue
and not require a 4D Server restart.

Tim