On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 2:11 AM, Joe Dombroski via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Has anyone extracted caller ID from a VOIP phone and used it to open a
> client record in 4D?

I am now solving same problem so would be interested in answer as well.

I am able to communicate with certain routers (Fritzbox, which are quite
nice German routers) that offer call monitoring, including VoIP calls,
through telnet - like interface where router writes all call events. But
need a solution that would work with any router.

It seems that SIP analyzers work by snipping the TCP communication, and I
do not want to go that way. I was looking at TR-069 protocol that can be
used to monitor router performance, but it seem that cannot be used to get
VoIP events in real time. There are some extensions of the protocol that
seems promising, but that would require a lot of investigation and testing.
As I did not found any description how to do it, it is open question if it
is even possible.

--

Peter Bozek