On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Nigel Greenlee via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I have been writing an interface to the Asterisk VOIP software(Using PHP).
> At this point  I am waiting for the client to decide how they want the
> interface to work-if you are using Asterisk I can offer some assistance (I
> found there documentation somewhat obtuse and the sample 4D Code that was
> published as a tech-note a few years back needed some finesssing to get the
> full information on queues etc.

I would like to see details, though am not sure I will be able to use the
code. But at least I would know which direction make sense.

> My plan is to link telephone numbers to customers where the number may not
> be a number published on the record as a number to contact the customer on
> so when an incoming call comes we can look up the client and if not
> identified by the software allow the number to be ‘tagged’ to a customer-my
> thinking being that often customers call from personal mobiles or call from
> numbers external to the business-so Fred from Hokey Company 2000 may call
> from his 07xxxx number..but we dont want sales people calling Hokey Company
> 2000 on the 07xxx number or to even show that number on the customer record.

I use system where any phone number entered into customer record (there are
several phone number fields) get into separate table through which incoming
call number lookup is executed. While only one is shown as 'customer phone
number', his record can be bound to any number of numbers.

--

Peter Bozek