I think I recall a discussion a while back about SVG_Add_object not working
well when the object being added was another svg document.
Two svg docs can be "combined" using SVG_ELEMENTS_TO_ARRAYS, and SVG_Add_object
for each reference in the doc being added.
This technique doesn't produce a complete merge if doc2 has structures, like
patterns, that the elements of doc2 depend on.

Keith - CDI