Arnaud:

I would say it is "a" way to use a Semaphore and the idea that it is a
limit is the way that I've always understood it.

The fact that it's a gobal semaphore means that it controls access to the
code that follows and the scope of that is for all machines connected to
the server. The semaphore doesn't mean that other methods cannot run. That
is a function of "cooperative multitasking" and, now that we can run code
pre-emotively, developers will have to have a more clear understanding of
(and better control of) what runs, when.

I'm making a narrow distinction there but I think it's a valid one.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-336-2902