I've been noticing a "bug" for months in the Method Editor. This might just
be an R-track feature, not sure. Anyway, if you open a method named
"My_Method", you see the name twice. It's up in the window title and then
again inside the window. It looks weird and I assumed it to be a cosmetic
bug that would get caught and go away.

Then I somehow opened up another method in the same window and realize that
it's a tab bar in the method window. That's not a feature I'm likely to use
much, but it seems like a decent feature. I use that in browsers
constantly.

Here's the question: Is there a way to hide the tab bar when there's only
one tab? Browsers tend to have this option because a one-tab tab bar kind
of makes no sense and wastes space for no purpose.

I had a look at the prefs that I could find and didn't find one that seemed
to apply.

Any suggestions?