Aloha David,

You must be running 64-bit on MacOS Sierra or better…

"Thanks to macOS Sierra, applications now have to opportunity to use tabbed
windows instead of multiple windows. From 4D v16 R3, 4D Developer Edition
64-bit can take advantage of this Apple’s new feature
<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206998> for the design environment.

Tabs can be selected using keyboard shortcuts (usually Ctrl + left or right
arrow) and all separate windows can be merged at once as tabs into a single
window using the “Merge all windows” option in menu bar.

This feature is based on macOS System Preferences and on 4D Preferences,
exclusively available from macOS Sierra.”

John

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 1:04 PM, David Adams via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> I've been noticing a "bug" for months in the Method Editor. This might just
> be an R-track feature, not sure. Anyway, if you open a method named
> "My_Method", you see the name twice. It's up in the window title and then
> again inside the window. It looks weird and I assumed it to be a cosmetic
> bug that would get caught and go away.
>
> Then I somehow opened up another method in the same window and realize that
> it's a tab bar in the method window. That's not a feature I'm likely to use
> much, but it seems like a decent feature. I use that in browsers
> constantly.
>
> Here's the question: Is there a way to hide the tab bar when there's only
> one tab? Browsers tend to have this option because a one-tab tab bar kind
> of makes no sense and wastes space for no purpose.
>
> I had a look at the prefs that I could find and didn't find one that seemed
> to apply.
>
> Any suggestions?

John Baughman
Kailua, Hawaii