Hi folks,

After many years using OTRS for our help ticketing and change control we have
recently decided to roll our own 4D based solution.  This is partly a cost
thing; partly a support/functionality thing and partly to get our teeth into a
project where we can get used to the latest version of 4D while we wait for v17
R3 :-).

The core of a system like this is reading in Email messages.  I have done
simple parsing of emails in the past (long past) but looking at it now I was
surprised at how little the internet commands actually do for you before you
have to get down and dirty with loads of parsing.

Essentially we need to create a HTML file with the email body and inline
images.  Plus all the attachments; recipients; subject; dates and other info.

We are looking at using a 3rd party product called "EAGetMail POP3/IMAP4
Component” - https://www.emailarchitect.net/eagetmail
<https://www.emailarchitect.net/eagetmail> to do all the heavy lifting.  Before
I go ahead and purchase this is does anyone else have any other ideas or
options?

Regards,  Dougie

telekinetix Limited- J. Douglas Cryer
Phone : 01234 761759  Mobile : 07973 675 218
2nd Floor Broadway House, 4-6 The Broadway, Bedford MK40 2TE
Email : jdcr...@telekinetix.com <mailto:jdcr...@telekinetix.com>  Web :
http://www.telekinetix.com <http://www.telekinetix.com/>