Thanks for your input.

On a contextual click on a svg area in a subform:

$nArraySize:=*Size of array*($atSelectedRecordKeys)

*If *($nArraySize>0)

*EXECUTE METHOD*($tCallbackMethod;*;$tSubformName;->$atSelectedRecordKeys)

*End if *

And I works when the component runs interpreted or compiled. If I build a
component, I get ->$ in the $tCallbackMethod, not a valid pointer.

How else could I pass an array of record keys to the host?

Jim

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Jim,
> ​
> First, if $tCallbackMethod is a Host database method it must have the
> Shared with host & component property set.
>
> As I understand it EXECUTE METHOD runs in the context of the method called.
> So if ​$tCallbackMethod is in the host it will run there. If it's in the
> component it will run there.
>
> ​Since this is being called in the context of a component ​that means
> $atSelectedRecordKeys
> is in the component memory space and I don't think can be passed to a host
> method as a reference if $tCallBackMethod is a host method. This would
> account for it working when you run the component code itself but failing
> when called as a component.
>
> ​Maybe put the array in a blob or c-obj and pass that?​
>

> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:32 AM, Jim Dorrance via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
> > 4D v15.5
> >
> > EXECUTE METHOD($tCallbackMethod;*;$tSubformName;->$atSelectedRecordKeys)
> >
> > On a contextual click in a component subform displayed in the host
> > database, the method $tCallbackMethod is to be executed in the context of
> > the host database.
> >
> > When the component source runs interpreted, or the component source is
> run
> > compiled, everything runs as expected.
> >
> > But after building a component using the Build Application menu, the
> > callback method receives $1 correctly, but $2 contains ->$, a pointer to
> $.
> >
> > Anybody have any idea what could be happening?
> >
> > --
> Kirk Brooks
> San Francisco, CA
> =======================
>
> *The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
> nothing.*
>
> *- Edmund Burke*

Jim Dorrance
jim.dorra...@gmail.com
4...@dorrance.eu
www.4d.dorrance.eu

PS: If you know of anyone that needs an experienced 4D programmer to add
energy and experience to their team, please let me know. I have
experience in many areas. Reasonable rates. Remote or Paris only.