Thanks for your comments.

4D Server, the application, data and backups are on internal SSDs on an xServe.
The application does access text and xml files on a mounted SMB volume. Since
upgrading to v15 we’ve noticed some problems with reading and writing to the
SMB volume. We suspect this may be related to our freezes.

The server is running on Yosemite, as we didn’t feel the need to upgrade. Not
sure if that would help.

Yes, 64 bit would be our next step, though not on Mac as we have a lot of
things in 4D Write that I dread moving to 4D Write “Pro”.

We do have the cache set to 1000mb to allow a maximum amount of memory for the
processes. We’ve seen no signs of memory pressure.

These 3 crashes in less than a day are really new for us. This database has
been running and growing for years, recently still on 4D v12. Performance is
surprisingly good, even with up to 162 users logged on.

Thanks again for your help.

Paul