> On Dec 26, 2017, at 6:24 AM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> I did just discover I can set the help tip for each header object! ​

Very timely Kirk, thanks. I just found a need to implement help tips in a list
box’s header and remembered your comment. A bit of a challenge as nothing I
could find tells you that the mouse is over a header button let alone which
header. Had to test if the mouse coordinates fell inside one of the header's
coordinates.

BTW, I am finding more and more uses for c_objects and am pleasantly surprised
at how well dot notation actually works wherever I try it. As an example below
is the method I created to display the help tip in a list box with 31 columns
for days in a month. I was surprised that
If(myMethod(myObject).booleanParameter)  actually worked.

John

// Method: Timesheets_HeaderHelpTip
C_OBJECT($oHoliday)
C_LONGINT($left;$top;$right;$bottom;$mouseX;$mouseY)

$mouseX:=$1
$mouseY:=$2

For ($i;1;31)
        $Header:="Day"+String($i)+"Header"
        OBJECT GET COORDINATES(*;$Header;$left;$top;$right;$bottom)

        If ($mouseX>$left) & ($mouseX<$right) & ($mousey>$top) &
($mousey<$bottom)
                If (Date_IsHoliday (New
object("action";"IsAHoliday";"date";vFirstDayOfMonthSelected+($i-1))).isaholiday)
                        $oHoliday:=Date_IsHoliday (New
object("action";"IsAHoliday";"date";vFirstDayOfMonthSelected+($i-1)))

                        SET DATABASE PARAMETER(Tips duration;720)
                        OBJECT SET HELP
TIP(albTimesheets;$oHoliday.holiday+"\r"+$oHoliday.holidaytype)

                        $i:=999

                End if

        End if

        If ($i#999)