Chuck,
Thanks for the info. My user isn't familiar with using Excel & ODBC but
we'll give it a go.
Keisuke,
Thank you for responding. I was wondering about the precise situation that
you discuss, that to trace the connection we must have a functional method.
I did find the 32 bit ODBC driver installer finally, after looking all over
for a place to download it (it is rather hidden!).
So we have the driver connecting to 4D Server ok, but the actual ODBC
connection fails.
And I'll create a receiving method and see what we learn, but this has been
pushed back a bit on the priority list so it may be a few days...
Alan