Lee,
Be more specific about the scope of "talk back".

The easiest way to directly allow users to interact with a web area
displaying a page you created is the filter URL option. This is how I use
web areas and either do something like popup a 4D menu or make a connection
to an actual web link. I've never tried filtering URLs on a website I
loaded from the net.

Anyway, it's really easy if you make anything the user can click on an
anchor. And it works using the webkit or not.

if you've got js doing things on the web page or the user is entering data
and you need to tap on 4D's shoulder to get it to do something the $4d and
URL callbacks Miyako linked to is what you need. In that case you may have
to use the webkit.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:55 PM, Lee Hinde via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> without needing a web server license and without using the 'embedded web
> rendering engine'?

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.*

*- Edmund Burke*