RE> User A should not be sharing the machine with User B, otherwise, if
they are sharing, then SSO should not be used.

OK, I accept that.

In a different view of things (this wouldn't be SSO, but rather, using AD
authentication) there some way that I could present a login screen, accept
the user's ID and password, and send it to AD for authentication,
receiving back a "Good" or "Bad" reply?

How about the other question, since we're on a roll:

I'm also not clear on what 'Current client authentication' does other than
get the name of the
current Windows user...

What is the return value of 'Current Client Authentication' and what is it
used for?  Why won't this work unless the switch is turned on in 4D Server
(since Win32api somehow can return the current user?)

Thanks,

Bob Miller
Chomerics, a division of Parker Hannifin Corporation

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It
only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with
Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete the information from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation."