Hi Keisuke,

I think Stephanie Tirtiat did a very nice job creating the bug report following
my TAOW case and made the regression part pretty clear (see details below). But
the most frustrating part is that it took 4D engineering more than 9 months to
provide a work around. Bug report was created on june first 2017, I got the
work around info on march 8th 2018. And even then there was still mentioned
that the engineering was working on a fix…
Three weeks later the bug was marked as ‘standard behavior’. I don’t understand
why one keeps telling nothing has changed.

Agreed, I do have a valid work around and the bug only causes trouble in a very
specific situation. Agreed it won’t be fixed. But this whole story took me lots
of time to investigate, reproduce, isolate, create demo db, report, follow up
and makes me (yet again) wonder why I went through all this trouble.

Kind regards,
Koen

---------------------
Bug report submitted:
---------------------

ACI0096897 : [135969] FTP_receive error 10048 or 10049 with a specific FTP
server

---------------------
CONTEXT:
---------------------
Systems or/and 4D versions or/and hardware where the bug happens:
   - Windows 7
   - MacOSX 10.12.4
   - v15.3 public, v15.3 HF1 (MacOSX only)
   - v15.4 build 212262
   - v15R5 public
   - v16.1 build 212261
   - v16.0, 16.1 public
   - v16R3 build 212310 (MacOSX only)
   - Main build 212307 (MacOSX only)

Systems or/and 4D versions or/and hardware where the bug doesn't happen:
   - Windows 7 with v15.3 public, v15.3 HF1, v16R3 build 212310, Main build
212307

---------------------
SUMMARY
---------------------

Since v15.4 FTP_receive returns error 10048 with a specific FTP Server while it
was ok with v15.3 (on Windows).

There is a regression between version 15.3 and v15.4 for a certain ftp server.
I have only been able to reproduce this problem on one particular ftp server.
As this is an ftp server of an other company I don't have details on which kind
of server it is.
In 4DIC v15.3 (206770) FTP_receive works as expected, but with v15.4 (211153)
an error 10048 or 10049 is returned. The same issue happens on v16.1/v16R3

There is also no problem when using a vanilla FTP Client application (like
Cyberduck) or OSX command line client.

NOTE:
A test database has been provided with credentials for 4D. It is a test
account, but nevertheless this info is confidential and should be handled with
caution.