regardless of what other info you get back
there is one more thing to consider...
People like me :)

I go into the (on Mac) Library folder and locate cookie, history,
cache, and other web related directories.
I empty them, the lock them, i.e. the soft are can NOT write into
that/those directories.

This stops persistent cookies etc from functioning.  Stops web sites
from downloading "stuff".
Once the browser has been exited, there is nothing left from previous
web sessions.

All of this is in addition to ad blockers, and often indirection
through TOR.

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 16:15:52 -0700 (MST), Jim Labos - infobase via
4D_Tech wrote:
> This particular Web application sends out emails with embedded ID's in a URL
> that uniquely identifies a connection. We have been able to do this because
> our customers forward us their list of members etc.
>
> We have a new customer that must send out the emails themselves and
> therefore it is not possible to embed our usual URL. So now I am turning to
> "Cookies" and as I am new to the Cookie thing 4D has made it pretty simple
> to create and read them.
>
> However I would like to detect first if the browser connecting has Cookies
> enabled or not. 4D does not have a method for that. Therefore I create a
> Cookie (ie: "EXISTS" ) with a value (ie: "YES" ) and then immediately try
> and read back the Cookie. If I get back a blank the assumption is Cookies
> are disabled and I can deal with a response.
>
> However when trying to read a cookie that has just been created it always
> comes back blank. I think what is happening is that the session is not
> finished and therefore the Cookie is not actually created until the session
> is over. If I check the cookie's existence after session is over it does
> exist.
>
> So 'am I correct in assuming I cannot read a Cookie until web session is
> over?
>
> Thanks
>

> -----
> Jim Labos - infobase