Hi Jim,

Is there somehow PAUSE PROCESS/RESUME PROCESS involved?

I don't know if this has something to do with our issue, but I'd like to share
a change in behavior (bug?) between v15 (and older) and v16 (and later).
Also struggling with a process not waking up after the delay time, I found
pause process/resume process on a delayed process does not work as I would
expect in 4D v16 and later.
Following scenario:

A process is running and is delayed for eg 1 minute. If the process is paused
and resumed within that minute, the process won't wake up. Neiter immediately,
neither after the delay time. Tested on Mac (v16 and 17 32/64). Another call to
RESUME PROCESS will wake it immediately, another DELAY PROCESS will wake it
after the new delay time.

This behavior is different in v15. This is what I do and what I see in the
runtime explorer:
- start process: Executing
- delay process (3600 ticks): Delayed
- pause process (within the delay time): Delayed
- resume process (within the delay time): Executing

V16
- start process: Executing
- delay process (3600 ticks): Delayed
- pause process (within the delay time): Delayed
- resume process (within the delay time): Paused (!)

- resume process or delay process (0 ticks): Executing

I don't know what the standard behavior should be, but above is what I
discovered. The work around is rather easy: when you want to resume a process,
check if its status is paused or delayed. If paused: resume, if delayed:
delay(0). Or don't use resume, but always use delay(0). Because a delayed or
paused process will always wake up on delay(0).

HTH
Koen

> Op 12 jun. 2018, om 21:43 heeft Jim Crate via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Our server (macOS 10.11, 4D 16.3 HF3 64-bit) hit this bug again last week
> after being up for about 22 days. There are 2 separate processes that run
> periodically, both at the same time stopped waking from DELAY PROCESS. The
> Server window also was not showing the 4D username in the user list, although
> IP, machine name, and login date/time were displayed.

Compass bvba
Koen Van Hooreweghe
Kloosterstraat 65
9910 Knesselare