On 15 Jun 2018, at 10:01 pm, Pat Bensky via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> Hi Piotr,
> I think you can use WP SELECT to do this -
> WP SELECT ( {* ;} wpArea {; targetObj} | {; startRange ; endRange} )
>
> Let me know if you can't get that to work and I'll take a closer look at it.
>
> HTH
>
> Pat
>
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 at 07:35, Piotr Chabot Stadhouders via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pat,
>>
>> Your tips seem to work, but I am hoping you also know the answer to the
>> next problem.
>> See example 1 : After replacing the text with ST SET
>> TEXT($wp_obj;$text;$start_pos;$end_pos) the cursor must be set after the
>> last inserted character. This replacing is done in the On After Keystroke
>> event of the Write Pro area and is triggered when the user types a space.
>> However, I don't succeed in setting the cursor at the end of the inserted
>> text, it stays at the position where it was (position after the original
>> space)
>>
>> Do you also have a tip how to set the cursor to a different position in
>> the "On After Keystroke" event of the Pro Area?

WP SELECT is the way to go but, like many things in 4D Write Pro, you need to
do it in a separate execution cycle (from the ST SET TEXT).

CALL FORM will work in this instance (it doesn't work in most of the instances
where 4D Write Pro needs to complete the current execution cycle before any new
changes can be applied).

So, have a separate method to which you pass your 4D Write Pro object and your
$endpos and run the WP SELECT from there. Call the method after your ST SET
TEXT using CALL FORM.