On 21 Jun 2018, at 4:49 pm, Piotr Chabot Stadhouders via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Hi Justin, Pat,
>
> Using WP SELECT that is called in a method via CALL FORM seems to work,
> thanks for that!
>
> I must say, I can't believe it's 4D's intention that we constantly have to
> use CALL FORM for thinks to work.
> Maybe they implement a more sophisticated way for doing this.

I have to say it's annoying. What's even more annoying is that most of the time
CALL FORM isn't enough. You have to use SET TIMER(-1) and set some info
somewhere to let the timer know what to do when it triggers. I don't find it
anwhere near as simple or intuitive as working with 4D Write was. I live in
hope that things will become easier to manage as the product improves.
Certainly there are steps forward with each new release.