The "Tip" was based on macOS native PICT to PDF conversion.

Write Pro does not use PICT to store previews,
in fact, it does not store renderings of any kind,
so one must use WP PRINT and invoke the printing mechanism in order to generate
PDF.
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv17/4D/17/WP-PRINT.301-3726306.en.html

this would be your choice if your WP is formatted as a document.
table support is limited (truncated at the end of page)
perhaps it will get better in 17Rx.

you can also use PRINT SELECTION or PRINT RECORD and variable frame
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv17/4D/17/Printing-4D-Write-Pro-documents.200-3726277.en.html

this would be your choice if you prefer to present the document in embedded
mode (super styled text)

but it seems the feature is not suited for tables, as the left-most column
always decides the page break
(i.e. adjacent columns are truncated prematurely)
and the process enters an infinite loop if the overflow content of a column
exceeds page hight.
(presumably the engine keeps on breaking pages, carrying over the same content
forever)