In the menu editor:
Associated Standard Action

Database settings - for preferences
Quit - for your Quit menu item

Database settings : places the preference in the application menu on
Mac and at the bottom of the Edit menu on Windows (this is the default
location for windows)

Quit : places the quit menu into the application menu on Mac, and file
menu on Windows

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 12:55:09 -0700, Douglas von Roeder via 4D_Tech
wrote:
> After a 15 year hiatus, I'm working with 4D on the Mac and I'm flummoxed on
> how to deal with the dueling Preferences menu items.
>
> When running on macOS, the application menu has a preferences menu item as
> does the File menu.
>
> How do I what do I have to do so that I have one Preferences menu item
> while running on macOS and yet have a functioning Preferences menu items
> when running on Windows?
>
> --
> Douglas von Roeder
> 949-336-2902