Peter Jakobsson:

> So what I’m doing now is just using a single object to hold all form
> properties that I’d previously used globals for. Then just use globals where
> required for active objects like menus.

Hi Peter,

there are no globals required for menus (I assume here that you are talking
about popup menus in the form).
Just give them an objectname, get a pointer in the "on load" phase with Object
Get Pointer and define the array using that pointer.
Works great.

I LOVE it that there are no longer ANY global variables necessary when working
with forms, even if the form has to give some information back to the calling
method.
Just put that information in the Form-object and you get it back in the object
that you passed into the form with the DIALOG command.

I think this is the best change since making pointers to local variables
available.

I also love the .-notation for entity-selections. Now you can have multiple
selections of one table that don´t overwrite each other.

V17 is really great (except for WritePRO which definitely needs several updates
befor beeing able to replace 4D Write, but that´s another discussion. For now
the old 4D Write still works in V17(32 Bit), so I am a very happy camper at the
moment :-)

Greetings from Germany,
Bernd Fröhlich