Ooops, This was meant to be a private message to Escape support, but I guess it
could be a general question about why a picture created on an iPhone (HAIF)
converted to jpeg by the OS in an Airdrop transfer may not be the same as a
jpeg saved directly to the computer from a digital camera? At least an HAIF to
jpeg conversion is what I think is happening.

John