Not sure I'm following exactly what you are doing - difficult to know without
seeing the commands and parameters. TEXT TO BLOB and Blob to text both allow
you to specify the character set.

If you are using SEND PACKET with a blob you created using TEXT TO BLOB, there
should be no problem converting it back via DOCUMENT TO BLOB and then Blob to
text. If you are using text with SEND PACKET, you have to be sure to USE
CHARACTER SET.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.