> On Oct 30, 2018, at 2:24 PM, Charles Miller via 4D_Tech
> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
> OK I will try and explain. I qwas working at a customer who has code that
> uses send packet. This is really old code and I do not think they have ever
> used USE CHARACTER SET.

So that is likely generating Latin-1/ISO-8859-1 especially if the old version
does not have unicode mode enabled.

> We are upgrading to v16, so I tried filling a text
> variable and with the data and then doing a text top document. This di
> not work  I then tried text to blob and then blob to document. This did not
> work. In both cases, I used UTF8 text without length which also did not
> work. Does this make ity clearer?

UTF-8 is not iso-8859-1, so I would not expect it to work correctly. For the
blob commands you need to use "Mac text without length" option. For the
text/document commands use the "ISO-8859-1" character set.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.