I posted this before the holidays, but it never showed up....

I did manage to track down the problem -

The problem was related screen resolution and orientation. --
Apparently 4D does not like mixed monitor orientations.....
In this particular case 1 monitor is in 'normal' orientation (wider
then high), the second monitor was in vertical orientation (taller then
wide).

My system will auto create a window setting for a specific user & form
if they adjust the window, and the next time the user opens that form,
the window is opened to the last size specified. Similar to 4D's design
environment.

The user had open/moved a list form to the normal orientated screen and
adjusted its width. The next time they opened the same list form, the
vertical monitor was the default monitor, and the width of the form
window was larger then the vertical screen's width.  In the process of
this form opening - 4D choked and crashed to the desktop.

Once I tracked this down, and changed the default form width - the
crashing problem stopped

Chip

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:36:00 +0000, Timothy Penner wrote:
> Tech Tip: Generic troubleshooting steps for isolating and narrowing
down an issue
http://kb.4d.com/assetid=78115

-Tim

Timothy Penner