David,
I downloaded the tech note and see the same thing. Looking under the hood a
little bit I'm thinking the issue is with the fairly old versions of
Leaflet, jQuery and some other libraries it uses. At this point they are
all 5 or 6 years old (based on the file headers) which is pretty long in
the tooth. If I were troubleshooting further I would start by changing the
dependencies on the static files to the CDNs for these libraries in the
demo copy. If the maps work then that's the issue.

I've seen web areas stop working when the client machine changes OS. This
happened to v15 users who upgraded to Mojave and the web area used the 4D
webkit, for instance. Most of the time you could stop using the webkit (or
upgrade to v17) and things would work again. That trick didn't work here so
I suspect it's something more fundamental.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 2:46 AM David Samson via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> A few years ago I successfully implemented the tech note
> "15-13_MapWithDataCluster". I modified it for our needs and it worked well.
> That was on v14.
>
> Now, on v17 (Windows, 64 bit server, 32 bit clients) it is not displaying
> the background map. The generated data points are still displayed but on a
> blank background. I have checked the Leaflet map is in the correct
> resources folder. I tried to download the tech note again and the demo has
> the same problem when converted to v17.
>
> Any ideas?
> David Samson
>
> --
> D Samson

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

What can be said, can be said clearly,
and what you can’t say, you should shut up about

*Wittgenstein and the Computer *