The first line does nothing because you don't do anything with the function
result of the call. The second line assigning $myTempVolumeCol to a copy
returns a regular collection (see documentation). The error is because you
can't assign a regular collection to a shared collection
(Storage.serverVolumes:=$myTempVolumeCol).

To duplicate an object or collection as a shared object/collection you have to
iterate over all of the values and then recursively convert to shared any
object/collection.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.