Stephen,

We benchmark every Clients server storage system as part of our initial project
management so we know if it will meet our requirements.  We use a Microsoft
tool called DiskSpd and have a configuration script to test various loads on
the storage system.  The results are plotted against one of our "base" systems
for comparison, with the results provided to our Customer.  Our primary metrics
are:

     1. IOPS
     2. MBPS
     3. Avg Latency
     4. Max Latency.

Most of our customers configure their storage system wrong, basically as a
"data warehouse" not as a "OLTP" where most packet sizes will be 2 - 4 kb.  The
latency of a storage system is very important, similar to how important it is
for 4D's network connection.

Best,

Steve

  Stephen J. Orth
  The Aquila Group, Inc.          Office:  (608) 834-9213
  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
  Sun Prairie, WI 53590

  E-Mail:  s.o...@the-aquila-group.com