Currently the implementation returns not only a selection, it returns an
unknown „page“ of records. So there comes maybe hundreds or more records during
the first query.
The second point is, that when there are object fields in the dataClass, the
query may be very slow. We discovered a 10-13 seconds delay/latency, when we
have 1.000 records with 4D Write Pro documents in it.
However, 4D is working on this optimisations. Hopefully.

A small advice:
because 4D sends each dot-statement to the server and back:

ds.Companies.query("…").orderBy(„Name asc")

you can reduce it to just one statement:

ds.Companies.query("… order by Name")

--

Grüße/Regards,
[heubach-media] | Christian Sakowski

> Am 08.04.2019 um 23:15 schrieb Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech
> <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>:
>
> ORDA queries only return a reference to the selection and not the entire data
> set,
> so it's not as if the payload should be a problem (especially at 35K which is
> small)
>
> but you could slice it to limit the size
>
> https://doc.4d.com/4Dv17R4/4D/17-R4/entitySelectionslice.305-4055325.en.html
>
>> 2019/04/09 6:10、Eric Naujock via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>のメール:
>>
>> Is there a way to limit the number of records returned in a
>> ds.<TableName>.query result. I know about the set query limit in the system,
>> but I am trying to do this new trick with order and want to be able to limit
>> the results to only 1000 records max out of a table with over 35,000 rows.
>> Any suggestions would be useful.

heubach media
Osterfeldstr. 12-14 | Haus 1 | Eingang Nord
22529 Hamburg
tel: 040 / 52 10 59 - 10 | fax: -99
mail: i...@heubach-media.de
home: www.heubach-media.de
Geschäftsführer|CEO: Matthias Heubach

Mieten Sie Ihre Computer, iPads & Drucker für Ihre Events bei:
http://www.milo-rental.com

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.