John Foster wrote:

>I am sending this knowing that there is only one more stop in San Jose. But if
>you have any doubts about going please don’t.
>
>Take advantage of the first free day with a free lunch and fellow camaraderie.
>And get teased about the content of the 2nd day.

I second John’s comments about 4DWT Seattle! I’ve been distracted from ‘modern’
4D features for a few years, so it was great to get re-introduced to 4D at the
4DWT. The new Object, Collection, ORDA paradigm is truly transformative.

I will add that I was probably most excited by the short overview that Will
Taylor provided of QAAS (Quality Assurance Automation Services). It appears to
address what I’ve long considered to be a major shortcoming in 4D - the lack of
support for automated testing. In my experience, the lion’s share of the cost
of version upgrades and/or major code refactoring is the test burden, which, in
the 4D world, is all manual. The lack of a regression testing tool is a major
reason many systems are not kept up to date, making this new feature/service
extremely valuable. The tools which Will described look like they make provide
the hooks into industry standard automated test tools possible.

On top of that, the continued maturing of native support for version control
will transform how 4D developers manage code, especially in distributed teams.

If you can make it to one or both days in San Jose, you will find it to be time
well spent.

Tom Benedict