Chip:

Check out the docs for “Managing Pasteboards”. I’ve used this feature only
with ALP but ALP uses the same drag and drop events that 4D does so there
will be some overlap.

4 bytes could well be a longint representing the process ID where the drag
was initiated - that’s a WAG. The bigger payload could be a BLOB of a fair
amount of text or perhaps a record that was put into the clipboard when the
On drag sequence started.

Have you checked the knowlegebase or perhaps looked in the Summit
materials?

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-910-4084