Sam,

See this in the documentation:

https://doc.4d.com/4Dv17/4D/17.2/Executing-PHP-scripts-in-4D.300-4386504.en.html#187748

Are you using Mac or Windows? If Mac, the built in PHP might have a version of
CURL that is recent enough.

You might also consider using a NodeJS library instead of PHP. NodeJS has a
simple installer for Mac and Windows. It is straightforward to make a local
HTTP call to take advantage of NodeJS libraries.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.