Tom,

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:47 PM Tom Benedict via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Another key concept to be aware of when working with Write Pro is that is
> that features are additive. In Write Classic all its features were
> available by default and you had to restrict or remove features as needed
> via code. In Write Pro only the most basic features are available by
> default leaving you to add the ones you want, via code.

Thank you for that tip.

> There is lots of documentation for Write Pro. Unfortunately it is spread
> through the 4D Write Pro Reference, 4D Language Reference, 4D Design
> Reference, 4D Tech Notes and the 4D Blog. You may wish to spend a few days
> (or weeks) browsing the various resources before you begin.

True and true. That's why I thought I'd start this discussion, to try to
get a sense of where to start.

I re-watched Caroline's preso from the 2018 Summit (on the blog
<https://blog.4d.com/your-imagination-is-the-limit-with-4dv17-and-4d-write-pro/>).
That's giving me a place to start. I was actually there for it but didn't
appreciate what her demo actually accomplished until I started attempting
it myself. Hence her comment after the demo runs and the room is quiet:
"Hey, that's pretty good isn't it?" In fact it is.

--
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

What can be said, can be said clearly,
and what you can’t say, you should shut up about

*Wittgenstein and the Computer *