Scott:

The Excel plugin from Pluggers has a command *xlSheetSetProtected* which
you could use to update the workbook after it’s been created using 4D VP.

As an alternative, an Excel workbook is a handful of files bundled up in a
folder. You might be able to do a diff on a protected workbook vs one that
is not protected and then write some code to change the value. It most
likely that you can’t change the value to not-protected but you *might* be
able to get away with changing the value to protected.

--
Douglas von Roeder
949-910-4084