On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 9:58 PM Chris Belanger via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> So I had to resort to creating a FORMULA OBJECT that gets executed to do
> the update of the .storeLoc
>
> $formula:=Formula from string($storeLoc+":="+Qu ($UUID))  // $storeLoc is
> the full ‘path’ of the attribute, such as    Form.en_edit.contact
>
>                                       // $UUID is the value that needs to
> be put into that attribute (i.e. field)
> $formula.call()  // ...this updates it into the entity’s attribute
>
> Seems cumbersome to need to go about it that way, but it was the only way
> I could find to accomplish it. But at least it worked.

Another possibility - I have not tested it, so I am not 100% sure it would
work - would be not to assign  Form property to object, and rather leave
the expression empty. Then you would have Self-> and could get pointer to
object with OBJECT Get pointer (object named;) call.

However, you would have to bind the object to the form property yourself,
with code like

case of
  :((form event=on load) | (form event=on outside call))
     Self->:=Form.en_edit.contact
  :(form event=on data change)
      Form.en_edit.contact:=Self->
end case