Thanks Steve.  I appreciate your taking the time to help.

On 02/06/20 1:25 PM, Stephen J. Orth wrote:
Ken,

The reason for my question was to determine if this was something related to
the 4D command.  If you can convert the image properly, external of 4D, then is
seems to be something in the way 4D does the conversion.

Unfortunately I have no suggestions because we always do image
design/manipulation outside of 4D, so as to achieve the best image quality.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: 4D_Tech <4d_tech-boun...@lists.4d.com> On Behalf Of Ken Eyring via 4D_Tech
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2020 11:41 AM
To: '4D iNug Technical' <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Cc: Ken Eyring <lis...@intrinetsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Poor Image Quality When Converting Pict Image to JPG and TIF Using
CONVERT PICTURE

Hi Steve,

I tried converting the images to .jpg. ipng and .tif using CONVERT PICTURE.
Each format I tried resulted in blurry images.

To follow up on your question... I opened up a window that displayed one of the
images that is stored in a field.  I copied the image into Preview on a Mac,
then saved it as a .png file format.  That worked fine.

To verify, I then copied the .png image back into my 4D database and saved it.
That image was also stored properly -- without being blurry.

I have a work around for changing the format of the images, but I really don't
want to do this one-by-one for each image that is in every customer database
that will eventually need to be updated.

Thanks,
Ken