…that is the question !

I have a site that I just launched - usual moderate-trauma of initial days  but
basically holding up so far and improving by the day.

I now need to try and optimise it a bit as it’s still slightly sluggish and was
wondering what people were running in terms of hardware. Everything at this
place is on VM - nothing I can do about it as it’s contractor managed. (In fact
they seem to be able to change the “hardware" without me even taking the server
down - that’s something I never thought I’d see and am too old now to bother
speculating how they do it :-) !).

I have quite a lot of trigger-code for doing journal posting and so on so I
suppose that does a fair bit of “slowing” running in the co-operative thread.
(The support guy at the contractor noticed it remotely…”hey your DB is all
crammed into a single core !”. )

Specs are:

4D Server v15.
8 users.

Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU, E5 2620 v4, 2.1 GHz
SSDs (Quite fast ones but not sure of the exact spec)
Windows 10 Server 64 Bit

Would increasing the CPU speed help with the trigger execution or is it all
bandwith ?

I’m also going to do some logging-mode execution as I’m sure there are
sequential searches going on in a few places as I usually try to keep indexes
light to start with and wait till I see where I need them. I have a parallel
server running on another machine with my partner license so I can try stuff
out there.

Any tips and/or experiences appreciated !

Regards

Peter